Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mountain Time



We live at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It only takes a 30 minute drive from our house to reach some of the most beautiful places in the world. This weekend we took a little road trip to Chimney Rock and Hendersonville, and had a grand time. Every time I go to the mountains, it makes me want to sell all my possessions, pitch a tent, and live a simple life of creating and living off the land.

We stopped at this cute little shop in Chimney Rock. They had a back porch that overlooked this bubbling brook. On the porch were a couple of rocking chairs and binoculars. Of course, Hannah went straight for the binoculars.

Oliver found a caterpillar on the ground. He decided to transport the cute little thing to safer ground and his new little friend didn't want to leave the safety of his hand.

We met up with my cousin, who I haven't seen in forever in Hendersonville. She is the daughter of my Aunt who died rather young. I miss my aunt, she was a great woman. I know she would be proud of her now grown beautiful daughter.

0 comments: